Having second thoughts on someone you blocked on Instagram? No problem. Unlike in the previous versions of the app, now its easy to unblock blocked people. Here are a few methods to use at different situations.
Unblocking an active Instagram account
If that’s the case, you can simply tap on the settings icon on the top-right corner of your profile page and choose Blocked Users. Now as shown in the 2nd image below, you’ll be presented with a list of usernames of the people you have currently blocked. Please keep in mind that this list may contain inactive or non existing accounts too. Then just tap on the username you need to unblock. Their profile page will be open without showing any uploaded photos. If you’re seeing a “user not found” message, continue with the next method. Now tap on the “3 dots mark” icon on the top-right corner and tap on “Unblock User”. That’s it. You just simply unblocked that person and you can follow or request to follow if you want.
When the Instagram account is Inactive
If you’re seeing a “user not found” message when opening their profiles, that means either that person’s account is inactive or that person has blocked you. You can refer How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Instagram post to find out the exact reason. In this case, you have to contact Instagram support to get the account unblocked. Keep in the mind that this can also happen when Instagram has banned their account.
To do this, simply tap on settings button on your profile and select “Report a Problem“. A popup will appear and tap on “Something isn’t working” as shown on the image and briefly explain them to unblock the desired account by mentioning its username. Their support team will review your request and contact you within 3 or 4 days. In some cases, their support will take nearly a week to respond. All you can do is waiting for them to reply you back as there isn’t any other way available to reach them. 🙁
What happens when you block someone on Instagram?
This is the most asked question regarding blocking accounts on Instagram. Here is a list of things you should know about.
- No notifications are sent to the other party.
- The blocked person will unable to look up your profile even searching for your username on search bar.
- The direct messages between the two accounts get invisible from the blocking account. Not from the blocked account!
- You need to wait 24 hours to unblock that account again.
- The account gets reputation decrease from the Instagram automatic moderation system. Getting blocked by more people can cause their account to get banned.
What happens when you unblock someone on Instagram?
- You will be able to connect with the account unless they have blocked you.
- No notifications are sent to the unblocked person.
- You need to follow/request to follow that account again.
Insta Unblocker – A Nifty Little Tool
Insta Unblocker is a little online tool developed by a team of Russian social engineers to gather vital information of an IG user provided using the official developer API. By using these collected data, the tool can accurately tell if someone has blocked you from their account or not. The actual process under this amazing tool is still unknown but all we know is, it actually works! Using InstaUnblocker, you can scan your friend’s Instagram profiles and do a lot more things. Currently it has limit of 10 profile scans per day but it can be easily bypassed by clearing your browser (safari,chrome etc) cookies or using another device.
- First, you need to put your IG username to the search box and tap on Search button to begin the profile unblock process. Here is a screenshot of how it actually looks like.
- After that, the tool will start scanning the provided account using Instagram API. This process will take up to 5 minutes depending on the network load they are facing at that moment. Finally it will show a blue button named “Unblock on App” to use your Instagram app installed on your mobile to unblock the desired user instantly! Please note that there are many fake websites which clones the original website and seems to look genuine at the first sight. Beware of entering your personal data at such fraudulent websites.
These are the information all you need to know about instagram unblocking. If you have any questions, never hesitate to leave a comment below.